[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Development Environment for MapPro80

Development Environment for MapPro80

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Development Environment for MapPro80

Postby ROstmeyer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 am

Hi everyone.

I am new to MapPro and looking for some guidance. We have a small development team that is starting to work with MapPro80, and we are trying to figure what might be the best development environment for it.

Our team has working experience in multiple environments, but expertise in some, so selecting the right environment for our development is key, as sometimes it may make more sense to spend the time to become "better" in a certain IDE, if the tool's behavior in that IDE is better and makes development easier.

We have working experience in Visual Fox Pro, Delphi, C++ Builder, Visual C++, but most of our experience is in Vb.Net and C#.Net. (I know most of these are similar, but they all have their nuances, when it comes to interfacing and working with COM objects).

What do some of the users here, that have been using these tools for a while, think? Is working with MapPro in one of these environments, easier that the others? And if so, which one?

Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ROstmeyer
Active User
Active User

Re: Development Environment for MapPro80

Postby SamDee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 pm

I am sure opinions will differ on this one, but I believe you should go with the IDE you are most comfortable with and knowledgeable in. It's only though the higher expertise level that one can really squeeze all the benefit they can out of the IDE. Having said that, the newer ,NET IDEs would probably be easier to use.
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Re: Development Environment for MapPro80

Postby UShadow » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am

I use a couple of different IDEs, depending on the project I'm working on. C#, Vb.NET and some Delphi.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX