[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Using the "User Objects"

Using the "User Objects"

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Using the "User Objects"

Postby SamDee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 pm

The new User object interface looks to be a very powerful feature in MapPro80, but I can't figure out what would be a good use for it. Does anyone have any examples of when/how to use it in a real application?
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Re: Using the "User Objects"

Postby UShadow » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:08 pm

I use the User objects all the time to denote the location of our delivery trucks. The location information is updated on our servers every 2 minutes, and the information is extracted to csv files that I can then access in my application using MapPpro80 and User objects to display the location, query the info of each truck, print reports showing the previous and current location of each truck, etc.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Using the "User Objects"

Postby Gyrotech » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm

UShadow wrote:I use the User objects all the time to denote the location of our delivery trucks. The location information is updated on our servers every 2 minutes, and the information is extracted to csv files that I can then access in my application using MapPpro80 and User objects to display the location, query the info of each truck, print reports showing the previous and current location of each truck, etc.

I have a similar use for them. I actually like the control mappro80 gives me over all those user layers (sometimes may be a bit too much control, so I keep refining what I am doing with them <g>).
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX