[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - MapPro - Undiscovered Gem ??

MapPro - Undiscovered Gem ??

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

MapPro - Undiscovered Gem ??

Postby Charter » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am

I have been working with mapping SDKs for many years, and have used a variety of controls, from the older days of MapInfo, to MS-MapPoint, to PepperWhite, to MapPro7 from Undertow (I haven't had any experience with version 8.0). I have found ver 7 of MapPro the best around control and I am surprised that most people I deal with, in our field, haven't even heard of it before. Why is that? Is it that the company doesn't publicize it? Is it that people don;t like using tools from smaller companies? I really wonder.

As I said, I have not had any experience with v80, but I plan on using it soon. I hope that it's as good as their version 7.1, and if so, I hope that more people start using it. It will be quite a gem.
STUPIDITY is NOT a HANDICAP! Park elsewhere!
Charter
New User
New User

Re: MapPro - Undiscovered Gem ??

Postby artmart » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm

I had not heard of any products from UnderTow Software before trying Trailer Life's Directory Campground Navigator product. Being an avid RVer I finally tried out this software and liked what it offered even though there were some weaknesses which are being addressed from version to version. Then working out some of the problems through UnderTow I found they have a whole bunch of mapping software and SDKs that I haven't tried but am now aware of.

I'm not sure what their marketing strategy is, but wherever they advertise, it's not where I shop, read or visit. I have used AAA, DeLorme, Microsoft and a couple of other minor company mapping products but never anyone's SDKs. I am a customer of the end-user products not making my own.

Being an SDK company I find UnderTow one of the most responsive companies when querying about issues, features and how-tos. NONE of the other companies have done a thing for me in that regard. Sure some of those companies might have better overall products but if it's got a weakness for something I need and they are nonresponsive I will go elsewhere. So far, so good, so I'm staying here for a while. For others, not so much but that's why there's choices.

I wish you continued success and hope you are just as happy with Version 8 .
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to MapPro OCX