[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Using DirectView ??

Using DirectView ??

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Using DirectView ??

Postby SamDee » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Does anyone have any good application for the DirectView function in MapPro80? It appears to be a very powerful function, but for the life of me I cannot think of a practical application for it.

TIA
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Re: Using DirectView ??

Postby UShadow » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:45 pm

I use DirectView to draw an eagle's eye view of my main map. It works pretty well. I have also used it in previous projects to draw maps of different areas on different controls, because MapPro71 did not permit multiple instances.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby SamDee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 am

Hadn't thought of the eagle view. I've had all sorts of problem every time I have tried to use DirectView (and DirectDraw). You wouldn't happen to have some sample code laying around that you wouldn't mind sharing, would you? :-)
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Postby UShadow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Hmm, I don't know if you are still using the old Vb IDE (as I recall that's what you were using). But, I think that they have an example of using DirectView in C# in their user manual. You can probably cut and paste the code from the manual PDF file. Don't you have that? As I recall, the rick is in getting the correct DC to use in the DirectView call. I remember having some issues, too, until I realized that I needed the DC and not the Windows handle for the control surface I was using :-)

Anyway, if you don't have that sample code, let me know and I can dig something up for you.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby SamDee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I have the sample code from the manual but I was hoping for a more complete sample of how to do the eagle eye view. If you *do* have some code laying around, I'd be very appreciative. Vb is fine, but so is C#, which we are starting to use more and more lately.
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX