[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - MapPro80 Questions

MapPro80 Questions

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

MapPro80 Questions

Postby VictorC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Can it be used to create a 64-bit application?

Can it be used in a Native .Net application?

Can it use other datasets? (google, navteq,...)

Can it use the new GeoTiff files?

Thanks
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Re: MapPro80 Questions

Postby RWinlow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 am

VictorC wrote:Can it be used to create a 64-bit application?

Can it be used in a Native .Net application?

Can it use other datasets? (google, navteq,...)

Can it use the new GeoTiff files?

Thanks

VictorC, someone here may be able to give you their impression regarding the questions you are asking, but I think these are the types of questions that one should be asking Undertow. Have you possibly emailed them with these questions?

For example, I recall asking them something about geotiff files (with the older developer's kit) and I was told that it simply could not use them.

Contact them directly.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby VictorC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:06 pm

I did email them with my question. Let's hope I get answers I like ;-)
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:42 am

Like them or not, it would be nice if you could post their answers so we all know what their thinking happens to be. Thanks for the followup.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby VictorC » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:40 am

Just got some answers, if anyone is interested....

Can it be used to create a 64-bit application?
You need some sort of COM host process and force it to load the OCX from a surrogate x32 process. It makes communication between app and OCX slower, but thus OCX loaded in separate process and it will be possible to use it from x64 applications. Registering the DLL Server for Surrogate Activation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

Can it be used in a native .Net application?
Don't know what the definition of a Native .net app is. However, it can definitely be used in the .Net environment.

Can it use other datasets (Navteq, etc.) instead of the one provided and if so, is the licensing/pricing different?
It can import and overlay SHP and MID/MIF files

Can it use the new Geotiff files?
Unfortunately, at this point it cannot.
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Using the OCX through the DLL surrogate activation is not for the faint at heart ;-)
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to MapPro OCX