[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Shopping Horror Story - Happy ending!

Shopping Horror Story - Happy ending!

For discussion on subjects that do not necessarily fit under any other category

Shopping Horror Story - Happy ending!

Postby xavier » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Well, I usually have a good horror story, or two, dealing with sales associates and reps around the Christmas holidays. Surprisingly, this year went much better than prior years - I am not complaining. I do, however, want to relate a quick story with an on-line merchant (well known name that shall remain nameless).

I visited their web site and ordered something for my grandson, on Dec 2. I received the order confirmation by email on Dec 3 and was told the product had shipped and to expect the product before Dec 12. Plenty of time to wrap it for Christmas, right? Well,... On Dec 10, around 10 am, I received an email that they run out of stock, the product was back-ordered and it would be 3-4 weeks before I got it. Panicked I called their customer service. "Sorry, we don't have that product in stock", But, wait, on Dec 3 you emailed me and told me the product was shipped and was on its way! "Sorry, there must have been some misunderstanding, the product never shipped". Why did you wait a week to let me know it was out of stock? "Sorry, I don't know why you were not contacted earlier". Is there any way to get it from one of your stores? Is it possible that you'll get stock in the next few days? "No, I'm sorry, we don't have any in our stores and we will not get new stick until early January". &^$#$&^&@ I hang up so frustrated, trying to figure out what to do and thinking of possible alternative gifts.

About 10:30, the door bell rang. It was UPS, delivering the product I had ordered, which I was told it was out of stock and back-ordered. What?? I felt like calling them back and telling them off, but I wasn't sure I'd even get the same customer rep. I just shook my head and was relieved that my grandson would be happy on Christmas Eve - He was :-)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Shopping Horror Story - Happy ending!

Postby Macci3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:26 am

This doesn't sound so horrible to me? Especially around the holidays, when everyone is so busy, misunderstanding like this can happen. At the end, you got what you wanted, when you needed it.
Macci3
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:47 pm

good ole' autoreplies.... I especially like the autoreplies when you ask for information, then immediately get a reply, they got your request and someone will respond within two days. BullCRAP. The autoreply just solves the problem that the company cannot be accused of not being responsive. But the metric should be measured by when the real answer shows up! Knowing this it's not unusual for me to resubmit my question once again with a SECOND NOTIFICATION. I still get the autoreply, but will also soon receive a "sorry we missed your request, but here's your answer" but not every time.

And it's not just the Internet company you are alluding to, that does this. I get this with many Internet vendors (I won't name them.) I think the most humorous is when weeks later they ask you to review them for the products and occurrences where things went well. As for the bad events, I've never gotten one of these email polls - so they know who they are?
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Christau99 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:09 am

It could be me, but I found sales and customer service people generally more "edgy" this past holiday season. It could be the economy that's souring everyone's attitude, I don't know. Or, we could be on a steep decline of customer service quality. Who knows.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Christau99
Active User
Active User

Return to Miscellaneous Topics