[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Tenting & RVing Problems

Tenting & RVing Problems

For discussion on subjects that do not necessarily fit under any other category

Tenting & RVing Problems

Postby Nick_Manack » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:06 am

Do you have any experience with campgrounds that allow RV-ers and tenters in the same area? If so, have you encountered any problems? A friend was with such a park with his class A and was right next to a tenter and had nothing but arguments every day. Almost came to fists a couple of times. I haven't been in a situation like this (so far), but I was wondering if others here have.
Nick_Manack
New User
New User

Re: Tenting & RVing Problems

Postby artmart » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:53 pm

People live in all kinds of ways side-by-side all the time. It's the inconsiderate or irresponsible that have fights. I've been in all conditions and have always gotten along. If differences are discussed in a friendly manner, then differences can be resolved in a friendly manner. Otherwise, some figure of authority can come in and set the problem party straight. I've heard this works or the inconsiderate/irresponsible gets removed or set straight.

When one realizes that if the freedoms of one person or parties impacts negatively on someone else's or some other party's freedom, then it's not a freedom, it's a "bad attitude". Freedom is not Free.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Nick_Manack » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Theoretically, you are absolutely correct, but real life is a bit different :-) I wasn't there, but from what the friend told me, the tenter was getting upset because my friend was running his generator in the afternoon, when the tenter wanted to take a nap. Like I said, I am not sure of all the details, so... I guess it also depends on how close these parks place the tent pads to the RV sites. Some put them on top of each other to try and get as many as possible, so they can make more income.

Anyway, I haven't been in that situation. I was just wondering if others here had.
Nick_Manack
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Unfortunately the tenter was in the wrong in this case. Most, if not all campgrounds have quiet hours between 7 or 8 am to 10 or 11 pm. This means your friend was in his right to run it to charge his batteries, run the A/C or whatever. Anyone expecting to take a nap in a campground during the day is being inconsiderate of the rights of others to make fun or necessary noises during the day. I'll bet he's like those crotchety old men, that get mad at kids playing at a campground or playground because that's what campgrounds and playgrounds are for during the day. If you want peace and quiet and want to take a nap during the day, then stay home or take up backpacking where you can get away from crowds. Don't go to a campground and risk noise or crowds.

More times than not, these same people who nap during the day are the ones who party up all night and keep the majority of those who are trying to sleep in quite the disturbance. I've seen that but I'll save you the long story.

If campers are within the rules, then you can't complain too much. I don't think the tenter knew the rules. Fortunately, most generators are within the decibels to be considered allowable.

I have a big trailer and will be more considerate than most and keep the generator use to a minimum, but in order for me to be quiet during quiet times, I might be a little noisier during the day. At least I did purchase some of the quietest generators on the market today but after 10 pm at night, even I'll admit it's unpleasant. I've heard other genertors that are pretty loud.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Miscellaneous Topics