[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - More than one hour weather

More than one hour weather

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

More than one hour weather

Postby Culturate » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 pm

I thought there was a way to display more than one hour weather radar, but I don't remember how to do it any more. Any hints?
Culturate
New User
New User

Re: More than one hour weather

Postby Phil.Gusta » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:53 am

I don't think you can do that. You can only get static radar images.
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:33 pm

I have to admit, I think there was an interval one could specify in the program but I couldn't find it. I even went back to RTN2012 and it was different but just as limited as RVPNG2013.

However, when displaying the map and the weather is being displayed, click on "User", then slide down to "North America weather" and there are some options that will show up. Try clicking on these and see what happens. Sorry I can't help any more than that, but the most I have done is "Refresh" the display and then the display could change if it's been a while since the last update. Do keep in mind this will only work on a map area that shows some level of precipitation, but I believe I'm being obvious.

Try sending an email to support@uncertowsoftware.com and ask them for this feature. They might have a reason for not having it or removing it if they did ever have it. Keep us posted.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby artmart » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Come to think of it. There should not be many reasons to constantly update the weather since it can take a while to make that much of a difference. Just use the "refresh" option in the User drop down for North American Weather and it will update it. Updating the weather too much is a waste of bandwidth for something that doesn't change much. I'll retract my suggestion to contact UnderTow Software since this now seems like a useless feature to add, to have an ability to create a frequent refresh method.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013