[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Any GoodSam near Sheffield, IA ?

Any GoodSam near Sheffield, IA ?

Ask questions about specific campgrounds, Add a review or recommendation about a campgrounds you visited recently, etc.

Any GoodSam near Sheffield, IA ?

Postby Dave.W » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Does anyone know of a GoodSam park near Sheffield, IA? My navigator program doesn't show anything within 50 mi and I'm wondering if that's true, or if I'm doing something wrong.
Dave.W
Active User
Active User

Re: Any GoodSam near Sheffield, IA ?

Postby artmart » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

I see no GOOD SAM RV parks near Sheffield, Iowa. Since you've limited yourself to only Good Sam parks this will happen for specific locations.

According to my RTN 2012 version there are a couple of other RV Parks within 10 miles but they are not Good Sam Parks. In fact, I zoomed out and found over 25 RV Parks within 40 to 50 miles of Sheffield, IA and none of them are Good Sam parks.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Dutchie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 pm

It seems that since the contract with Good Sam has ended there are no more updates.
Therefore it is going to be hard to determine if a park still gives Good Sam discount or if new parks are added. Bummer.
On Good Sam's website they have 11 parks listed for Iowa but not one near Sheffield.
On the Road Again.......
Dutchie
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:08 am

Dutchie wrote:It seems that since the contract with Good Sam has ended there are no more updates.
Therefore it is going to be hard to determine if a park still gives Good Sam discount or if new parks are added. Bummer.

Hmm, not sure what you are referring to here. If you are referring to the annual updates, as far as we can tell, a new navigator program is forthcoming from undertow. If you are referring to the periodic updates that were issued within the year, those never contained campground info updates (I had argued about that with undertow in emails, a couple of years back, I can probably dig out those emails for details).

As I understood it, Trailer Life was providing one version of the database when the program was release each year and that was it. I have been pestering undertow about the [url]new[/url] upcoming release and have been told many times that "campgrounds will be identified as Good Sams, Passport America, Army CORPS, etc."

Furthermore, I have been told that undertow will issue free updates to the campgrounds data during each year, unlike what was happening brfore. Now, we have to see it to believe it, and as others here can attest, I don't really trust software companies, but undertow has been good to their word so far. Of course, there is a first time for everything, so I hope we are not disappointed ;-)

Dutchie wrote:On Good Sam's website they have 11 parks listed for Iowa but not one near Sheffield.

O.K. so this has nothing to do with your comment above. The issue, in this situation, is that there are no Good Sam parks near Sheffield, and not that some update hasn't been issued, right? :-)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby billrot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

Xavier, you are right, I can attest to the fact that you don't care for software companies and I recall when you used to blame undertow for everything, including bad weather :-)

However, on this one I am more inclined to line-up with Dutchie. Not because undertow is a bad company, but first, because I don't think they can have the information that Trailer Life had in their *extensive* database and second because they have not been very responsive lately (and I have to say, that is not like them!). I have emailed them a few times asking specific questions about they 2013 version and they have not responded, haven't even acknowledged receiving my request.

So, I don't know. I'm just not overly optimistic about the new program they are supposed to be coming out with.
billrot
Active User
Active User

Postby Cecil.Dowd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:03 am

This is great! I love these spirited discussions :-)

I also don't understand why undertow ISN'T all over these forums talking about their new release - I mean other companies that have nothing to offer post hundreds of pages of fluff, but on the other hand, I can see that they may be cautious, given that this will be a great departure from the way the navigator has been produced in prior years.

Unfortunately, I am not privy to any details, but from what I have seen on their web site and how they have handled the product in prior years, I am willing to give them some slack, because I think they'll produce a useful tool, hopefully constantly updated, with good sam parks, and all other parks and *hopefully* with more state parks, public parks, rest stops, walmarts and other such locations that many of us have come to rely on (which unfortunately are not in the earlier navigator version).

Hopefully I will not be disappointed, giving them all this slack. And, keep the *hot* discussion going!
Cecil.Dowd
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:24 pm

If you want to know where the Good Sam Parks are then go to goodsamclub.com and look them up. That's what I did. They would have the latest and greatest list of their supported parks. I answered the OP in my first reply. There is nothing wrong with UnderTow or Trailer Life's offering and link to good sam confirmed any good sam parks are within 100 miles and not 50 miles

Stop blaming or expecting UnderTow or Trailer Life for what good Sam is providing.

This is an UnderTow Software Forum for users and customers or potential of their products. Any information for anything else cannot be guaranteed any more than a guarantee of information from within Undertow Software. It will be only as good as this forum's membership can provide.

This topic warrants no more heat or spirited discussion! Learn how to use the tools at your disposal, then you avoid become a tool yourself.

Dave, if you need some help picking one of the 8 Good Sam Parks, I'd be glad to continue answering your questions the best I can. But please don't expect guarantees. This is why it's called "planning".

Xavier. The weather around here has been fantastic. Thanks for that.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am

artmart wrote:Stop blaming or expecting UnderTow or Trailer Life for what good Sam is providing.

The most sane thing I've heard in a while :-)

But, Artmart, it's just so much easier to blame someone, isn't it?
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh-oh Kevin-T. NOW I disagree with you except that I know you are mostly joking.

It's only easier to blame someone else, when you don't want to accept blame for yourself. It's a lazy way to live. It must be nice to live with the "I didn't make the bread, but I chose to buy it and for that I think I bought the right to complain about it". WRONG! When you point your finger at the vendor because you don't understand their product or just want to complain, don't forget that there are three fingers pointing back at you. (I've since learned to point at someone with all fingers pointing the same direction, :) )

There is a rule that company's like to follow. "The customer is always right". That is only the rule so that the ignorant customers feel good about what they just purchased. But the reality is, the corollary sales philosophy of "there's a sucker born every minute" and my preferred corollary of "But the customer isn't always smart" then we must accept that the success of a product will only be as good as the intelligence or common sense of the customer making the purchase. The greater the gap of sense between the product and the customer, then the greater the chance of the customer using the blame game.

There now, you got me started. And while we're at it, I'm been pleased that Xavier has been a lot more understanding about the way of the world for vendors and customers and how they interact. He used to flame things quickly with little reasonability. Now he provides comments without the flames and even if he is still a little off base you can now respect his commentary. We knew he had it in him! As for me, I'm too old to fix. :D
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Campground Info, Recommendations, etc.