[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Bear Mountain RV Resort - Nice

Bear Mountain RV Resort - Nice

Ask questions about specific campgrounds, Add a review or recommendation about a campgrounds you visited recently, etc.

Bear Mountain RV Resort - Nice

Postby Camper22 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:58 pm

I have stayed at this RV Park, in Bakersfield, CA, a couple of times and I thought it was real nice. Only gravel sites, but plenty of them (100+) and they all seemed easy to access and level and looked pretty long (70+ ft). Restrooms and showers were very clean and the free wifi worked right away, with no problems. The overall appearance of the park is not as good as some of the real landscaped ones, but all-in-all I thought it was good.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Bear Mountain RV Resort - Nice

Postby artmart » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:51 pm

We've overnighted here and I think the TL ratings are low. Park=5, Restrooms = 8, View=8.

This is an example of an RV park that is in a bad location and has some features to keep their costs down (gravel) which is why the Park rating is so low. Bakersfield is not a great place for RV Parks for many reasons, but it was a great stopover. I doubt we could go there and spend a few days because there's not much around there.

If I were full-timing it might be a month or two stay since the CG itself seems like a good value. Too bad so many RV campgrounds fall into this category. Good CG, great staff and good value.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby MikeRost » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 am

Art, why do you say Bakersfield is not a good place for RV parks for many reasons?
MikeRost
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Have you been to Bakersfield? If the stink from the oilwells won't bug you, the farm methane or other smells just might - I've experienced many different questionable odors depending on the time of the year and the wind direction (never in summer though, I never stop in Summer for more than one hour). I have friends and relatives that live there and they live there for cost reasons and some of these same reasons I mentioned are why they like it - it keeps many other people away and the cost of living down.

I do not mean it in a bad way, but allow that I've been through there MANY times and have stopped at or overnighted at different businesses there for various reasons, but for a long term pleasure stay, even the people I know that live there will recommend elsewhere. I recognize your point that each RV Park has its subjectivity depending on each individual's likes and dislikes, but I've met very few who recommend this place as a long term pleasure stop unless you visit and stay at their location (I've been invited to restaurants for a lunch stop, homes or campground while passing through).
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Admin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm

No, I have never been there. And, after what you just told me, I may never go ;-)
Forums Administrator
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby artmart » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Ouch... coming from an Admin. My apologies to any Bakersfield fans since this was not what I intended. I pass through Bakersfield all the time and it is a growing town, but I would say not for recreational reasons. It happens to be a pretty good crossroads to many places.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Admin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Nah, I don't frequently post, and just wanted to have some fun. I was just kidding and that's the reason for the wink/smiley at the end of my sentence. I have driven through that area and I concur that if they could do something about the smell, it would be a nice place :-) No offence to anyone from Bakersfield.
Forums Administrator
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby artmart » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:55 pm

So are you saying that Bakersfield residents smell? When you think about it, all of us smell.... with our noses. The problem with Bakersfield is the stink. The stink comes from all kinds of sources and I hope it's not the residents ... :lol: :lol:

I know you were teasin', but I was trying to cover myself just in case there was a Bakersfield fan that just might take offense.

Where's that topic that implied UnderTow doesn't "listen" to this forum.... heh-heh...
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Campground Info, Recommendations, etc.