[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Parks/POIs in Canada ?

Parks/POIs in Canada ?

Points of Interest (POI) files uploaded by users. They can be imported in Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator and Precision Mapping Streets v9.

Parks/POIs in Canada ?

Postby garder » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Does anyone have a file with RV parks, national parks and provincial parks in Canada? I found one on-line a few weeks ago, but it doesn't really have all the locations that are available, and I am looking for something better.

TIA to anyone that can upload such a file.
garder
Active User
Active User

Re: Parks/POIs in Canada ?

Postby phaethon3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:04 am

This does not cover all Canada, but that's all I had on my system. BTW, why are you looking for these POI files. I believe all these campgrounds are included in the RV Navigator data, anyway!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phaethon3
New User
New User

Postby garder » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 am

phaethon3 wrote:This does not cover all Canada, but that's all I had on my system. BTW, why are you looking for these POI files. I believe all these campgrounds are included in the RV Navigator data, anyway!

Thanks, this helps indeed, though it would be nice to get info for more of Canada. Also, I want to use these with the Precision Mapping program, so the fact that such data may be built-in to the Navigator program, doesn't really help me much ;-)
garder
Active User
Active User

Postby MikeRost » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:57 am

Like garder said, some of this data is not in products other than the Navigator. I, for one, appreciate people posting these files here.
MikeRost
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:34 am

RTN does not have every campground in the U.S. or Canada. It only shows the campgrounds tracked or allowed for listing via Trailer Life. Not every campground is listed in Trailer Life. There are criteria for listings and I don't think every campground can be listed for this reason. I won't bother to go over all the reasons because there are many. Just know there is no such thing as 100% coverage from everybody. At least I don't know of a 100% list.

If I recall correctly, when I used to refer to AAA documentation it was the same with their stuff too. There's no reason to believe, it's the same for this forum.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Garytf » Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 am

phaethon3 wrote:This does not cover all Canada, but that's all I had on my system. BTW, why are you looking for these POI files. I believe all these campgrounds are included in the RV Navigator data, anyway!

Some of them are, but I don't think they are all in the navigator. Of course I have not done a detailed side-by-side comparison.
Garytf
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Since RTN was very Trailer Life based and therefore filtered CGs on whatever criteria that was used, the new 2013 version of the RTN is supposedly getting away from Trailer Life's limitation, filtering and database. It remains to be seen if this new version has more information about Canadian campgrounds.

In the meantime, we wait until it's ready.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to User Created/Uploaded Points of Interest (POI)