[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Walmart POIs USA and Canada

Walmart POIs USA and Canada

Points of Interest (POI) files uploaded by users. They can be imported in Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator and Precision Mapping Streets v9.

Walmart POIs USA and Canada

Postby Kevin_T » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 am

Here is another POI file with Walmart locations in USA and Canada, that I had downloaded from the same source for my Garmin. Same process to load them as the one for the Cracker Barrel POIs, in an earlier post. (Don't want to keep repeating myself <g>).

The 2011 version has lots of *nice* things, but this is probably one of the most helpful new features. Kudos to undertow for adding it. Now if they could also make its use a bit more user-friendly ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: More User POIs for TLDCN-2011

Postby artmart » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 pm

I couldn't agree more Kevin!!! The bad news is my maps are going to be covered with User POIs! :lol:

I don't think I can stop. The only thing slowing me down is created or modifying the bmp files for their icons. I'm gonna have to shrink them down. For example, the Cracker Barrel bmp is pretty big.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Ha, ha, ha,.... Yeah, I know what you mean. I created those bitmaps very quickly with no regard to size, etc. One could easily come up with much smaller bitmaps to accommodate more POI files being imported.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby ericton » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:12 pm

I downloaded the Walmart POI file, followed your instructions and was able to load them - nice contribution thanks!! But, when the names are displayed I see "Sam's" and other names as well, not just Walmart. What's up with that?
ericton
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Walmart, owned by the Walton family own several other companies and is probably why they were included.

Sam Walton and family own Sam's Clubs (like Costco), Walmarts, and I believe it all started with Walgreen's (are these included?). There might be others but I haven't checked.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby ericton » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Makes sense, thanks!
ericton
Active User
Active User

Return to User Created/Uploaded Points of Interest (POI)