[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Using rv2013 with older data?

Using rv2013 with older data?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Using rv2013 with older data?

Postby Chris.Kirky » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:20 am

Does anyone know if I can use the new rv2013 program with the older data from the 2011 version? the 2011 version data is more complete and I've already paid for both programs, so why couldn't I use it in the new program?
Chris.Kirky
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Using rv2013 with older data?

Postby artmart » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 pm

The data is not the same... the formats would be different. The older data worked with the older programs because the older data included ratings and the software code to support them. Since the newer data does not have ratings and has many more campgrounds than the older version, I wouldn't expect them to work together.

You can probably confirm this with a note to support@undertowsoftware.com and ask them nicely. They'll probably reply with something like, "fuggedaboutit, they ain't the same". Give it a try and let us know what they say.

I like to use the automotive industry for analogies, but when a new car comes out, the old parts are not always compatible especially when the differences are extensive. RVPNG2013 and any prior version of RTN or TLDCN are different enough.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)