[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - List of GPS Devices Reported to Work with TLDCN

List of GPS Devices Reported to Work with TLDCN

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

List of GPS Devices Reported to Work with TLDCN

Postby Moderator » Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 am

Here is a list of GPS devices that have been reported to work with different versions of TLDCN, using various versions of Windows. The list will be updated as we get more feedback from users. If you have anything to add to this list, or you think it contains any erroneous information, please post a message here and let us know. Nobody can test all possible GPS receivers, so user contributions is what helps keep this list up todate. (Updated April 2012)

GPS6.jpg
GPS6.jpg (87.33 KiB) Viewed 17053 times
Active User
Active User

Re: List of GPS Devices Reported to Work with TLDCN

Postby artmart » Fri May 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Very nice... it shows where they work and more importantly where they do not work.

I don't know if it matters but the GPSmap 60c should be GPSmap 60 cx which is the unit I reported as working. However, for guidance purposes with TLDCN I think the 60 series (cs, cx, csx) will all work. So you might just specify GPSmap 60 series.

Thank you moderator, but you knew this was going to happen. ;)
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby exboater » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 pm

I cannot get my pharos 500 to work with 2011 campground navigator. I am using windows vista. This same gps works fine with navigator 2007 on same computer and also on another with windows xp. Neither will work correctly with navigator 2011 They will start up ( a little slowly, and then suddenly the marker will disappear from the map, although the coordinates and other info stays current. There is plenty of ram to work with as the computer has 3 gb of ram. I have checked the info for the pharos, it is running on com 8 and at 4800 baud for both 2011 and 2007. Also using the 32 bit driver .
exboater
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:34 pm

To confirm, are you saying if you backrev to TLDCN 2007 on the same computer, with the same OS (Windows 7), and everything works fine? and when you are using TLDCN 2011 did you also install TLDCN 2011 SP1 (Service Pack 1)? If you have done this and the only difference is the TLDCN software, then it sounds like something different in TLDCN that is now preventing this from working.

If this is the case contact TLDCN tech support via email. Here's their email address: support@undertowsoftware.com
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby SheilaB104 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

I have successfully connected my Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Travel Recorder using TLDCN 2011 with Windows XP.
SheilaB104
New User
New User

Postby PJG061073 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi..nice job.. we have a Garmin 465T and it works with TLDCN 2011. Hope this helps. O/S is Windows Vista Hope Prem w/SP2.
RV Fulltimers-Currently traveling around USA-In Durham, NC..
On Way to Tampa
Regards,
PJG
08 Cheetah/Safari
PJG061073
New User
New User

Postby ChuckD37 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:05 pm

I have a Garmin 1450 LMT. But I also received a GPS (?), receiver or something with the Program. However I could never get it to work. That is nothing new for me and this computer stuff. Maybe I did it wrong. I plugged it in and waited and nothing happen. ???????? :?
ChuckD37
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Thu May 24, 2012 7:46 am

ChuckD37 wrote:I have a Garmin 1450 LMT. But I also received a GPS (?), receiver or something with the Program. However I could never get it to work. That is nothing new for me and this computer stuff. Maybe I did it wrong. I plugged it in and waited and nothing happen. ???????? :?

How did you get a GPS with the program? I didn't know they sold it with a GPS! What type/brand of GPS is it? And, where did you get the program/GPS package from? I have never seen them as a package.

Anyway, if you just plugged it and just waited for something to happen, nothing would happen :-) You've got to do something, like find out what port the gps is connected to and then tell that to the program. I think the program has a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it, under the help option.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Camper22 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Xavier, not sure what the OP is talking about. To my knowledge, the navigator program was never shipped with a gps receiver.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Dave.W » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:30 pm

I certainly didn't get one with my copy of the program :-)
Dave.W
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:02 pm

From the list above I understand the BU-353 GPS works with this software but what about a BU-353 S4? The new S4 version supports the Sirf 4 version of GPS tracker. I have heard that a GPS using Sirf 4 may not work with software and utilities that support Sirf 3.

Does anyone know how this might affect TLDCN or RTN? Does TLDCN/RTN care about the Sirf version of the GPS? Has anyone used a BU-353 S4 with RTN and had success?

I am currently using RTN2012 and using a Garmin GPSMap 60 series handheld GPS but want to convert to a much smaller and lighter BU353 and would prefer the newer generation S4, but only if I know it's gonna work. I am guessing it should work, but I would prefer knowing for sure.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Art, I don't have that specific device, but I can't really see why it wouldn't work!
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby jimmyr » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Can someone please update the list of GPS devices supported? Some of them are so old...
jimmyr
Casual User
Casual User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)